Thursday, September 2, 2010

Farandole


Ava Bradley arrived just a few days late but complete with a full head of black hair looking just like her mum when she was born.  Time to get cracking with the present for her!!  This is called a Farandole and is featured in the Tilda easter pattern book.  It took a bit longer than I thought to make it but I think it was worthwhile - I also changed the layout slightly so the rabbits are all a bit different.  I'm making a second one already as there seem to be babies due all over the place and one of them is bound to be a girl!!

Its also been a busy time in the kitchen with all the garden produce ripening - I found a recipe for Courgette Chutney on the internet so spent Sunday morning making a double batch as well as pickling red cabbage and making pizza and chocolate trifle to take to a friend's birthday party that evening.

I found some huge preserving kilner-type jars at a junk shop so am now looking out for pickling onions (not something that is popular here in France) in preparation for Christmas - now there's a sobering thought!!      

2 comments:

  1. Well done!!!!
    You have taken your time to do it.
    Maybe because there was some strikes, aqueduc !!!
    It is lovely and worth the time you have spent on it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said - I will be buying you a whip for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete