Thursday, August 12, 2010

Living the Dream

Virgin blogger so be gentle with me - also French keyboard so excuse gobbledegook.




English origin but living in deepest darkest France since July 2005 (no mistakes so far, must be getting the hang of this keyboard) Recently watched Julie & Julia several times and loved it so decided to set up a blog to record my experiences in France paying special attention to food (as that is the most important thing in France) and hobbies (as the French, unlike the English, only work as much as necessary to survive, thereby leaving loads of time for leisure pursuits - which probably explains why they live so much longer) Whilst I have always enjoyed cooking there was never enough time in England and with convenience foods being so readily available it was always tempting just to shove a pizza in the oven or phone for a take-away. These luxuries are not so handy here so cooking was a necessity and quite soon became a passion. This may prove to be something of a casse-pieds (annoyance) as I now refuse to eat stodge such as packet soups and monosodium glutomate by the sackful. Apart from cooking (and eating) my other passion is for sewing - I used to fill any spare time in England turning up trousers and replacing zips in jeans for other busy people but was rarely able to spare the time for creating and with the prospect of another long winter just around the corner I am in the process of amassing sufficient projects to keep me going until I can come out of hibernation around about next April. Watch this space as I will be posting a weekly article and who knows if it will be a recipe or an account of work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment